- Saint Nicholas Day (Christian)
- Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexican)
- St. Lucia Day (Swedish)
- Hanukkah (Jewish)
- Christmas Day (Christian)
- Three Kings Day/Epiphany (Christian)
- Boxing Day (Australian, Canadian, English, Irish)
- Kwanzaa (African American)
- Omisoka (Japanese)
- Yule (Pagan)
- Saturnalia (Pagan)
So try to shift traditions this year to include safety. Arrange for 'Designated Drivers' who agree not to drink. Plan for your safety by taking the statistics seriously. Consider having back up plans for if the weather or drinking gets out of control. Don't drink and drive or text.
Also, the Fire Department reports that Christmas trees become a fire hazard when not watered regularly.